2021 dates available – FULLY BOOKED
Dates from September-November have now become available. These are the final dates available for 2021.
All current bookings, including unredeemed gift certificates, will be honoured.
This will be re-evaluated on a month by month basis depending on covid restrictions.
Safe practices with Covid19
Face masks/coverings will be required at all times in the workshop until further notice. Masks and visors, along with workshop suitable PPE will be provided.
Hand washing facilities as well as hand sanitiser are provided
A triage system is in operation. If you have symptoms within 2 weeks before or after your lesson, you must endeavour to get in touch with Test and Protect and me so I can limit any potential spread in conjunction to Test and Protect
Further information regarding Covid-19 and Scottish Lockdown rules can be found here
My lessons grow in popularity every year with several of my previous students eager to get back to hammering hot, glowing steel!
Lessons are one-to-one meaning you get the most from the experience, in addition, this means that I can tailor the lesson to your learning style as the course progresses.
If you have any queries or concerns regarding this for your booking, please get in touch.
- Beginners Bladesmithing – 2 Day Sgian Dubh Course – £360
- Beginners Bladesmithing – 2 Day Chefs Knife Course- £360
- Beginners Bladesmithing – 1 Day Hammerhead-to-Axe Upcycle Course – £210
- Taster Session- Currently Unavailable – £70 1 person (2 hours). £100 for 2 people taking turns (3 hours)
The Axe-smithing course can be arranged for either Saturday or Sunday in the available dates below.
- Intermediate Chef Knife or Sgian Dubh – san-mai (3 layer laminate) – £380 – £400
- Intermediate Bladesmithing Course – Custom Design – £380
- 2 Day Damascus Billet Forging Course – £500
- 3 day Damascus and Knifemaking Course – £700
- 2 Day Canister Damascus and knifemaking – Price TBA – available April 2022
Dates and availability
Once Covid restrictions have lifted long-term then lesson dates outwith weekends will become available.
Available dates may be subject to change at any time and without advanced notice. Booked dates will remain unchanged once confirmed unless rescheduling is required due to Covid rules.
Lesson bookings will be dealt with in a first come, first serve basis. Dates will not be considered as booked until BOTH a 50% deposit and age verification ID has been sent.
2021 Lesson dates
Subject to change along with Covid-19 rules
- 15th/16th May – BOOKED
- 29th/30th May – BOOKED
- 12th/13th June BOOKED
- 26th/27th June – BOOKED
- 10th/11th July – BOOKED
- 21st/22ndth July – BOOKED
- 7th/8th August – BOOKED
- 21st/22nd August – BOOKED
- 4th/5th September – BOOKED
- 18th/19th September – BOOKED
- 2nd October – BOOKED
- 13th October – BOOKED
- 16th October – BOOKED
- 30th/31st October/Samhain – BOOKED
- 13th/14th November – BOOKED
November 13th & 14th will be the final available lesson dates for 2021. If rescheduling is required due to covid then all bookings will be honoured.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are differently abled and wish to query anything that may affect the way the course is run then please do let me know so that we can ensure that the course structure works well for you.
Some limitations on tools may apply but I will do my best to accommodate your needs.