2022 Lesson dates – SOLD OUT
Dates for 2023 will be released around September 2022. Waiting list & gift a limited amount of certificates available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
All current bookings, including unredeemed gift certificates, will be honoured. Gift certificate holders and Students due to reschedule will be given first choice on released dates for each season, where applicable.
This will be re-evaluated on a month by month basis depending on covid restrictions.
Safe practices with Covid19
Face masks/coverings will be required at all times in the workshop until further notice. Masks and visors, along with workshop suitable PPE will be provided.
Hand washing facilities as well as hand sanitiser are provided.
A triage system is in operation. If you have symptoms within 2 weeks before or after your lesson, you must endeavour to get in touch with Test and Protect and me so I can limit any potential spread in conjunction to Test and Protect
Further information regarding Covid-19 and Scottish Lockdown rules can be found here
My lessons grow in popularity every year with several of my previous students eager to get back to hammering hot, glowing steel!
Most lessons are one-to-one meaning you get the most from the experience, in addition, this means that I can tailor the lesson to your learning style as the course progresses.
Dates and availability
As Covid restrictions continue to lift long-term then lesson dates outwith weekends will become available.
Available dates may be subject to change at any time and without advanced notice. Booked dates will remain unchanged once confirmed unless rescheduling is required due to Covid rules.
Lesson bookings will be dealt with in a first come, first serve basis. Dates will not be considered as booked until BOTH a 50% deposit and age verification ID has been sent.
2022 Lesson dates
Subject to change along with Covid-19 rules
- March 26th – BOOKED
- March 27th – BOOKED
- April 8th/9th – BOOKED
- April 23rd/24th – BOOKED
- May 6th/7th – BOOKED
- May 21st/22nd – BOOKED
- June 3rd/4th – BOOKED
- June 17th/18th/19th – BOOKED
- July 1st/2nd – BOOKED
Course List & Prices – Season 2
- Beginners Bladesmithing – 2 Day Sgian Dubh Course – £400
- Beginners Bladesmithing – 2 Day Chefs Knife Course- £400
- Beginners Bladesmithing – 1 Day Hammerhead-to-Axe Upcycle Course – £220
The Axe-smithing course can be arranged for either Saturday or Sunday in the available dates below.
- Intermediate Sgian Dubh – san-mai (3 layer laminate) – £430
- Intermediate Chef Knife – san-mai (3 layer laminate) – £440
- Intermediate Bladesmithing Course – Custom Design – £440
- 2 Day Damascus Billet Forging Course – £600
- 3 day Damascus and Knifemaking Course – £700
- 2 Day Canister Damascus and knifemaking – TBC
Up to 2 people. Limited course types.
- Beginners Sgian Dubh – £700 (Introductory price – subject to change)
- Beginners Chef Knife – £700 (Introductory price – subject to change)
- Beginners 1 Day Hammer-to-Axe course – £500
- Other lesson types may be available on request
SEASON 2 DATES
August to November – SOLD OUT
Waiting list & gift certificates available for 2023 courses
- August 6th/7th – BOOKED
- August 20th/21st – BOOKED
- September 3rd/4th – BOOKED
- September 17th/18th – BOOKED
- October 1st/2nd – BOOKED
- October 15th/16th – BOOKED
- October 29th/30th – BOOKED
- November 12th/13th – BOOKED
- November 26th/27th – Cancelled
- December 6th/7th BOOKED
Season 2 Day Rates for custom and one day courses will be priced on request.
The final Course dates available for 2022 will be the 26th & 27th of November
If rescheduling is required due to covid then all bookings will be honoured.
Please email email@example.com
If you are differently abled and wish to query anything that may affect the way your booking is run then do let me know so that I can ensure that the course structure and working practices are suited to your needs.
Some limitations on tools may apply but I will do my best to accommodate you.